Right-of-Way Acquisition Services
Founded in 2011, our Right-of-Way department has grown to become one of the leading land acquisitions, relocation, and appraisal agencies for the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and localities in Virginia. With right-of-way offices located in Manassas, Fredericksburg, and Richmond we are able to effectively provide right-of-way services throughout Virginia.
RDA Right-of-Way Acquisition Services
- Land acquisitions and easements
- Relocation services
- Eminent Domain Valuation
- Eminent Domain Appraisal Reviews
- Public Hearing Assistance and Project Management
- Plan drawings and plan review
- ROW project planning and cost estimation
RDA’s agents are experienced in providing services in accordance with all Federal and State regulations. We also have experience assisting counties, cities, towns and other public agencies. We have assisted local jurisdictions in understanding and developing their ROW processes. We are able to adapt the process to meet our clients needs.
RDA’s Right of Way Services Differentiation
- All work meets the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 (49 CFR Part 24)
- All work meets the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), the Code of Virginia Titles 15.2, 25.1, 33.2, and 56, together with Title 24, Agency 30, Chapter 41 of the Virginia Administrative Code (“Rules and Regulations Governing Relocation Assistance”)
- Very familiar with VDOT’s Right-of-Way and Utilities Manual of Instructions
- Highly Professional
- Protect the rights and interests of property owners and displacees
- Meet the scheduled advertisement date
- Maintain stewardship of public funds used for transportation purposes
- Experts at VDOT Right-of-Way and Utilities Management System Software (RUMS)
Rinker Design Associates has a large right-of-way department, with 14 employees, and are capable of performing on many right-of-way contracts simultaneously. Among the 14 employees, five are licensed appraisers in the Commonwealth of Virginia and half are former VDOT employees. Rinker Design Associates has performed negotiations, land acquisitions, relocations, appraisals, and appraisal reviews for both local localities and the Virginia Department of Transportation. RDA’s right-of-way agents are experienced in the acquisition of land and easements for transportation, electric, pipeline, and telecommunications projects. They are experts in completing the acquisition of residential and commercial properties for public improvement projects. All RDA’s appraisers and agents are members of the International Right-of-Way Association and continue to take classes and seminars related to acquisitions and the eminent domain process.
RDA Delivers Expertise, Experience and Service
RDA understands that we are only as good as the work that we do – our work is our reputation. This simple fact is what our business is built upon and a principle that we take to heart. Let us put our reputation to work delivering your right-of-way acquistion services needs.