Requisition Number – 18-004
Post Date – 7/30/2018
Title – Senior Project Surveyor
Location – Manassas, VA ; Fredericksburg, VA ; Richmond, VA
Rinker Design Associates, P.C. is looking for an experienced Senior Project Surveyor. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience office surveying practices and techniques with progressively increasing responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to; land records research, boundary computations and analysis; the preparation of record plats, legal descriptions, topographic and route surveys; the management of staff and job coordination; developing and maintaining client relationships.
Candidate must be able to perform in a fast-paced deadline driven environment with quick turnaround times. The candidate must be able to work and resolve issues independently, allocate time and resources appropriately, and maintain a strong attention to detail under minimal supervision. The candidate must be able to work overtime when needed.
- Valid Land Surveyor license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- 5+ years of progressive surveying/drafting work experience directly related to boundary and route surveys.
- Experience with platting.
- Working knowledge of Carlson Software, Civil 3D, and MicroStation software.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Explorer, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Willingness/ability to expand knowledge through ongoing training.
- Experience with VDOT MicroStation standards and transportation route surveys.
- Additional Land Surveyor Licenses in MD or NC and/or the ability to obtain licenses in those states.
- Experience with ArcGIS.
- Experience with Laser Scanning.
- Experience with UAS.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.