Requisition Number – 20-022
Post Date – 12/15/2020
Title – Director of Site, Civil, and Infrastructure for Southeastern Virginia
Location – Richmond, VA
Rinker Design Associates, P.C. (RDA) seeks a civil engineer who will serve as the Director of Site, Civil and Infrastructure for Southeastern Virginia based out of RDA’s Richmond Office. This individual would be responsible for developing and managing multiple teams for the design and processing of site, subdivision, and infrastructure plans for multiple jurisdictions in Southeastern Virginia. This individual will be an expert in land development and permit processing in multiple jurisdictions and will have experience analyzing prospective development sites and coordinating the work of multiple teams.
- Develop and Lead multiple teams within the Land Development Department.
- Prepare and process site, subdivision, and infrastructure plans in multiple jurisdictions for public and private clients in Southeastern Virginia.
- Obtain site, subdivision and infrastructure plan approvals utilizing excellent project and time management skills for numerous projects at one time.
- Drive solutions for engineering challenges for projects while coordinating the work of multiple teams.
- Expand the private and public client base in Southern Virginia
- Develop and Manage multiple design teams.
- Pursuit leader for developing new markets and new relationships.
- Quality Control Manager for any Land Development project from the Richmond Office.
- Oversee consultant selection and actively manage all experts in the areas of surveying, wetlands, geotechnical, environmental, and civil engineering during the entitlements, design, and development plan review and permitting processes.
- Review development plan comments with design teams and strategize on responses before resubmittal.
- Negotiate / manage civil change orders during design / construction.
- 10+ years of experience in civil engineering and management
- Professional Engineer
- Must have impeccable technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop, mentor and guide potential new leaders.
- Significant experience processing plans and permits through multiple southeastern jurisdictions.
- Significant experience preparing proposals for private and public clients.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants that require an employment visa sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered.
Fill out the form below and attach your resume and a cover letter. RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants that require an employment visa sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered.