Requisition Number – 19-006
Post Date – 2/12/2019
Title – Transportation Engineering Manager
Location – Manassas, VA ; Fredericksburg, VA ; Richmond, VA ; Virginia Beach, VA
RDA has exciting growth opportunities for transportation design team leaders. This position will provide transportation engineering expertise for a design team, direct and mentor staff, participate in quality control reviews, assist with external client relationships, as well as participate in business development initiatives. Typical projects include design/build transportation projects and traditional projects for local government, state, and private sector.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and oversee all aspects of highway design within the design team.
- Responsible for production assignments within the team to meet schedules and complete tasks/projects within budget.
- Responsible for QA/QC within the team and as an independent reviewer for other teams.
- May be identified as the project manager for clients.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required.
- Registration as a P.E. in the State of Virginia is required.
- At least 10 years of experience in the highways engineering design or design management required.
- Strong technical design background in highway design, as well as familiarity with VDOT, AASHTO, FHWA and MUTCD standards required.
- Experience with CADD/Design Software (MicroStation, InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads) is required.
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities and possess written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience working on alternative delivery (Design-Build and PPP) major transportation projects a plus.
- Established local client relationships along with an understanding of policies and procedures of these agencies a plus.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer