Land Development & Planning
Land Development & Planning Services
The Land Development and Planning professionals at RDA use a broad range of expertise in assessing the physical properties and constraints of any given subject property. Our services begin with a full feasibility assessment, in order to identify development opportunities and constraints of a parcel. We then analyze the site’s potential and seek to optimize the end-product, while striving for the most economic and sustainable development achievable.
RDA has provided land development planning and engineering services on thousands of private and public sector projects since 1982. Services that RDA provides to our clients include, but is not limited to those listed below.
RDA Land Development Services
- Site Layout and Design
- Subdivision Layout and Design
- Infrastructure Design
- Sanitary Sewer
- Storm Sewer
- Dry Utilities (e.g. cable, electric, fiber, etc.)
- Stormwater Management Design including Best Management Practices
- Erosion and Sediment Control Design
- Landscaping Plans
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Assessments
- Flood Plain Studies
- Parking and Pavement Design
- Grading Studies and Earthwork Assessments
- Cost Estimates
- Bid and Contract Documents
- Site Development and Environmental Permitting Services
- LEED Design & Computations
- Construction Administration
RDA Land Planning Services
- Master Planning and Site Layout
- Feasibility Assessments
- Land Use and Zoning Entitlements
- Preparation and Processing of Comprehensive Plan Amendments, Generalized Development Plans, Rezoning Plans, Special Exceptions, Special Use Permits, & Similar Zoning Plans
- Proffer Interpretations
- Parking Tabulations
- Litigation Support
RDA prides itself on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients and to see each and every project through to successful completion. The professionals at RDA understand our client’s needs, as well as the ever-changing development conditions throughout northern and central Virginia; based on decades worth of experience. Our ultimate goal is to turn our clients challenges into opportunities, so that we can make their vision a reality.
RDA Delivers Expertise, Experience and Service
RDA understands that we are only as good as the work that we do – our work is our reputation. This simple fact is what our business is built upon and a principle that we take to heart. Let us put our reputation to work delivering your land development and land planning services needs.
West Springfield High SchoolFairfax County, Virginia At a glance: West Springfield High School (WSHS) is located on a 39.00-acre parcel in Springfield and was originally constructed in 1966. A total of 105,304 square feet of floor area was added to the existing...
Terraset Elementary SchoolFairfax County, VirginiaThe Terraset Elementary School Expansion project (Fairfax County site plan #6250-SP-01) was prepared in coordination with a local architect and Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS). The school is located on a...
Willard Intermediate SchoolLoudoun County, Virginia At a glance: Terraset Elementary School (TES) is located on a 14.4352-acre parcel in Reston. The school was originally constructed in 1977 as a completely underground facility. The first step of the process for the...