Rinker Design Associates (RDA), a professional service corporation, has an opportunity for a driven Staff Accountant to join our Finance and Accounting team at our Manassas, Virginia HQ. This position is responsible for providing financial and administrative support and acting as the POC for project related inquires. Primary responsibilities include contract setup and billing, recording of cash receipts, tracking subconsultant activity, job cost and budget reporting as required by the Client or Billing Manager. Other general accounting tasks as required.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective communication and follow-up with Billing Managers and Clients regarding contractual agreements, setup, amendments and modifications, any matters pertinent to billing.
- Lead pre-billings efforts. Generate and distribute draft invoices for billable projects. Process invoice adjustments and finalize invoices within the accounting system. Submit finalized invoices and required supporting documentation to Billing Manager and / or Client.
- Manage subconsultant accounts payable. Ensure invoices are properly entered and associated with the correct project.
- Post cash receipts. Investigate and reconcile any variances which occur during the posting process.
- Process and prepare lien waivers, maintain project related accounting records including contracts, purchase orders, change orders and other associated documents.
- Prepare and post credit memos as directed, monitor A/R and assist Billing Managers with collection efforts.
- Support month-end close process as required. Request W-9 from Clients and Vendors as required. Oversee COI requests.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role or combination of related experience.
- Bachelors in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate Excel skills a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Deltek Ajera or related system preferred.
- Familiarity with A/E and / or construction industry practices preferred.
Detailed oriented and a can-do attitude
Fill out the form below and attach your resume and a cover letter. RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants that require an employment visa sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered.