Post Date – 2/18/2020
Title – Senior Drainage Engineer
Location – Manassas, VA ; Fredericksburg, VA ; Richmond, VA ; Virginia Beach, VA
RDA is seeking a Senior Drainage Engineer to join our transportation team. In this role you will lead the development of drainage designs for VDOT and local municipality transportation projects including highway widenings, intersection improvements, interchange improvements, and pedestrian facility improvements. The Senior Drainage Engineer will be able to independently complete design for drainage systems, stormwater management, erosion control and outfall analysis for a wide range of transportation-related projects. Responsibilities will include supervision and mentoring of junior engineers and technicians. This position has excellent potential for career advancement.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 5+ years of drainage engineering experience. Experience on VDOT and locally-administered transportation projects a plus.
- P.E. License in Virginia required or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months.
- Certified Virginia DEQ SWM Plan Reviewer required.
- Certified Virginia DEQ ESC Plan Reviewer preferred.
- Certified Virginia DEQ SWM Combined Administrator preferred.
- Microstation experience required.
- Stormwater Management/Pond design experience preferred.
- HEC RAS experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment required.
- Effective communication skills required.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fill out the form below and attach your resume and a cover letter. RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants that require an employment visa sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered.