Senior Right of Way Agent
Title – Senior Right of Way Agent
Location – Fredericksburg, VA; Richmond, VA; Manassas, VA; Virginia Beach, VA
Tired of working contract to contract, never knowing where you will be next? Rinker Design Associates, P. C., (RDA) is seeking Senior Right of Way Agents to join our Right of Way team to lead and help develop our Right of Way Professionals of the future. In this role you will manage projects and team members providing guidance and expertise to lower level Right of Way Staff. Projects will require acquisition of real property interests required for VDOT and local municipality public improvement projects. This position has excellent potential for career advancement.
- Knowledge of the entire Right of Way acquisition process.
- Ability to train lower-level Right of Way Staff.
- Familiarity with Commonwealth of Virginia and Federal Codes, regulations, and instructions pertaining to the acquisition of real property interests by entities possessing the power of eminent domain.
- Ability to meet with and speak to individuals and groups to explain complex plans and documents.
- Ability to prepare and review detailed documentation.
- Ability to supervise others while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Working knowledge of at least two (2) Right of Way Disciplines (Legal, Appraisal, Negotiation, and Relocation) preferred.
- Expert Level knowledge of at least one (1) Right of Way Discipline preferred.
- Strong math skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office and related computer software, RUMS, attention to detail, and the ability to work without direct supervision.
- A valid Virginia Driver’s License is required.
- Pass a VDOT Criminal Background Check within 6 months of employment
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Candidates not possessing the required skills may be considered for other positions.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that realizes the value of an experienced staff and is looking to assist you in building a career in the Right of Way field. RDA has made a commitment to its Staff and Clients to develop and provide the knowledgeable and experienced staff needed to address any public improvement project.
Fill out the form below and attach your resume and a cover letter. RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants that require an employment visa sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered.