Post Date – 2/18/2020
Title – Senior Traffic Engineer
Location – Manassas, VA ; Fredericksburg, VA ; Richmond, VA ; Virginia Beach, VA
RDA is seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer to join our team. In this role you will be the lead traffic engineer in the development of traffic related designs and operational analysis for VDOT and local municipality transportation projects including highway widenings, intersection improvements, interchange improvements, and pedestrian facility improvements. The Senior Traffic Engineer will provide complete traffic designs of traffic signals, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), traffic control plans, signage & marking plans, and performing traffic operational analysis. Responsibilities may include supervision and mentoring of junior engineers and technicians. This position has excellent potential for career advancement.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 5+ years of traffic engineering experience on VDOT and locally-administered transportation projects.
- P.E. License in Virginia required, or ability to apply for reciprocity in Virginia upon employment.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) preferred.
- Microstation experience required.
- Synchro/Sim-Traffic and HCS experience required.
- VISSIM and SIDRA experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment required.
- Effective technical writing and communication skills required.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fill out the form below and attach your resume and a cover letter. RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants that require an employment visa sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered.