Post Date – 2/18/2020
Title – Senior Transportation Engineering Manager
Location – Manassas, VA ; Fredericksburg, VA ; Richmond, VA ; Virginia Beach, VA
RDA has exciting growth opportunities for strong transportation civil engineering professionals. This position will provide senior transportation engineering expertise, project management, develop and maintain schedules and budgets, direct and mentor project staff, ensure quality reviews are completed, manage external client relationships, as well as lead and participate in business development initiatives. Typical projects range from large design/build transportation projects to traditional projects for local government, state, and private sector.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and oversee all aspects of highway design projects.
- Responsible for communication, status reporting, decision making regarding technical approaches, risk management, and escalation of issues that cannot be resolved by the team.
- Lead the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, safety, and organization of internal technical and support staff.
- Maintain a close relationship with clients, track upcoming project opportunities, and collaborate on project pursuits.
- Responsible for the quality of project work performed, client service, utilization of staff, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for transportation projects.
- Assist in the development and execution of local marketing and business development.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required.
- Registration as a P.E. in the State of Virginia is required.
- At least 15 years of experience in the highways engineering design, design management and highways project management required.
- Strong technical design background in traffic engineering, highway design, and highway drainage, as well as familiarity with VDOT, AASHTO, FHWA and MUTCD standards required.
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities and possess written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience working on alternative delivery (Design-Build and PPP) major transportation projects is preferred.
- Established local client relationships along with an understanding of policies and procedures of these agencies is preferred.
- Knowledge of and prior experience of using CADD/Design Software (MicroStation, InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads, AutoCAD, Civil3D) is desirable.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fill out the form below and attach your resume and a cover letter. RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants that require an employment visa sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered.